Here Are the Best Times to Visit Disney World in 2018
Universally known as one of the most magical places on earth, Walt Disney World lures more than 20 million visitors each year, many travelings from around the globe to experience the fairytale for themselves. Which is why it should come as no surprise that the amusement park is almost always crowded.
If you're planning a trip of your own and hoping to avoid the masses, here are the most opportune times of the year to visit Mickey and his friends.
According to UnderCoverTourist.com, there are a few times throughout the year that are a little less costly and much less crowded than others:
- Jan. 8-12, Jan. 17-25
- Jan. 29 to Feb. 15, Feb.26 to March 1
- The second half of August (end of summer)
- Most days in September* (especially Labor Day, Sept. 3, 2018)
- Most weekdays in October* (especially Columbus Day, Oct. 8, 2018)
- Weekdays in November (minus the week of Thanksgiving)
- Weekdays in December (minus the week of Christmas and New Year's Eve)
*If you're planning on visiting in September, this is the perfect time to take advantage of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, celebrating cuisine and music from around the world. During the week of Halloween, Tuesdays are generally the least crowded, while Fridays are usually the most crowded, so keep this in mind if you're planning to spend a spooky holiday with Pluto and Goofy.
Crowds can get pretty busy, though, especially during holidays and summer months when more people have time to travel. It's also important to consider the hours of the park throughout the year, because, while it's smart to go on days when the park is least busy, it's also open for fewer hours on these days. Here are a few dates to steer clear of the theme park if you're looking to make the most of your visit. But, if you do plan on visiting for Halloween anyway, you can even stop by Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.
- New Year's Day
- Jan. 1-7 (Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, Jan. 3-7, 2018)
- Jan. 12-19 (Epcot International Festival of the Arts)
- Feb. 16-25 (Also, keep in mind the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Feb. 28 to May 28.)
- March 12-April 15 (especially Easter, April 1, 2018, and spring break)
- Weekends in May
- July (especially July 4th)
- August until the 12th
- The week of Thanksgiving (Nov. 22, 2018)
- The week of Christmas through the week of New Year (Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party)
- New Year's Eve
Now that you know when the best time to visit Disney World is, the only thing left to worry about is making room on your phone for all the photos of The Most Magical Place on Earth.
This story originally appeared on Townandcountrymag.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Townandcountry.ph editors.