These Are the 10 Most Spectacular Views in Britain
The view from the top of Mount Snowdon taking in the sight of the lake Llyn Llydaw has been named the best view in Britain. The picturesque landscape topped a poll of more than 2,500 people, beating the Three Sisters mountains in Scotland and Stonehenge in Wiltshire to the top spot.
The study, carried out by Samsung to launch the new Galaxy S8 smartphone, highlighted the five key factors that make up a quintessentially British view. Rolling countryside was voted the most important, followed by rugged coastlines and country villages. Still, that didn't stop London's Westminster Bridge from being ranked aboveand the Giant's Causeway.
Here's the nation's favorite vistas list in full.
1. Snowdonia, view of Llyn Llydaw from the summit of Snowdon, Wales
2. Three Sisters Mountain, Glencoe Valley, Scotland
3. Stonehedge, Wiltshire, England
4. St. Ives Bay, Cornwall, England
5. Cheddar Gorge, Somerset, England
6. Loch Neiss, view from Dores, Scottish Highlands, Scotland
7. Buttermere, Lake District, England
8. Westminster Bridge, view of the Palace of London, England
9. Giant's Causeway, County Antrim, Northern Ireland
10. Loch Lomond, view from Conic Hill, Dunbartonshire, Scotland
This story originally appeared on Townandcountrymag.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Townandcountry.ph editors.