Since Matt Lauer's firing from the Today show last month for "inappropriate sexual behavior," he has reportedly been "focused on family." (Lauer also issued a statement saying he is "truly sorry" and feels "sorrow and regret for the pain I have caused others by words and actions.") But Page Six reported that his wife, Annette Roque, was spotted at Latham & Watkins in Manhattan Wednesday to meet with lawyers "about squeezing a bigger settlement out of him if they proceed to a divorce." Here are a few things to know about Roque, Lauer's wife and the mother of his three children.
1. Roque was reportedly born in the Netherlands in 1966.
She's reportedly part Indonesian and has been featured in cosmetics ads and J. Crew and Victoria's Secret catalogs. In the 1980s and 1990s, she went by Jade Roque professionally.
2. Roque met Lauer on a blind date in July 1997.
Stylist Maria Santoro set up the pair. "They had a drink, he got her number, and that was it," a friend told People in 1998.
3. The two wed at Bridgehampton Presbyterian Church on Long Island in front of about 100 guests on October 3, 1998.
It was the second wedding for Lauer, whose previous marriage to Nancy Alspaugh ended in divorce in 1988. "They wanted to keep it intimate," wedding coordinator Elizabeth Allen told People.
4. They have three children together.
Here, Jack, Romy, Thijs, and Matt attend the Philadelphia 76ers/New York Knicks game at Madison Square Garden on January 18, 2016. A source told Page Six that Lauer left New York City on Wednesday after he was fired "to see his 16-year-old son, Jack, to 'explain what happened and why he was fired in person.'"
5. In 2006, Roque reportedly filed for divorce.
The National Enquirer reported, based on documents it obtained, that in the filing Roque called Lauer "extremely controlling" and accused him of "cruel and inhumane acts" that put her "physical and mental well-being" in danger. The divorce papers were withdrawn three weeks after they were filed after Lauer reportedly offered her "a post-nuptial agreement and
6. Roque and her daughter, Romy, are avid equestrians.
"We have a horse farm here in the Hamptons," Lauer told Newsday during the 2014 Hampton Classic Horse Show. "My wife and daughter ride like crazy. And so we love the competition."
7. The couple reportedly purchased Bright Side Farm in Water Mill in 2012 for $3.5 million.
"The Lauers think of Bright Side Farm as an extension of their own home—a gathering place, where clients and their horses are welcomed like
8. Roque and Lauer bought Richard Gere's former Hamptons home in 2016.
They reportedly paid $33 million for the 19,000-square-foot house, which is called Strongheart Manor and includes a whopping 12 bedrooms and 12 baths.
This story originally appeared on Townandcountrymag.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Townandcountry.ph editors.