Nylon Prada Bags Are Back, and Here's How to Style Them in 2019
The immediate correlation between the words "vintage" and "cool" has never been stronger than it is right this second. With the boom of luxury secondhand e-shops The RealReal and Vestaire Collective, snagging storied designer knickknacks for a fraction of the price brings renewed thrill—it comes as no surprise then, on a similar note, that the arm candy your mom toted in the '90s is the old-new It bag. (Re)introducing signature Prada nylon.
Fun fact: Though these ultra-durable cult classic purses have actually been in production for eons, they only debuted on the runway at the Italian label's Spring 2018 show. Here, it reappears in Spring-Summer 2019 with all-noir, utilitarian-flavored vigor:
In any case, street style's best dressed are completely enamored. Here, seven cool and current ways to carry it–and just in time for Manila's rainy season, too! This umbrella fabric is tougher than nails. No wonder your 20-year-old version still looks stellar.
1. Start safe yet cute in double denim.
2. Strap a belt bag around your torso and party hands-free.
3. It's great for daintier outfits, too. A gauzy floral sundress gets the off-duty supermodel-in-the-summer treatment via an adorable little bean-shaped number.
4. Tiny shoulder perches are hot. Sonia Kim pairs her celery-hued pick with gingham pajamas.
5. This snap proves that Anna Carla Dall'avo is perfectly capable of nailing approximately a dozen trends in a single go—zoom in and count neon, animal stripes, strappy sandals, and seashell jewelry among 'em.
6. This statement of choice is this far-out pair of futuristic sunglasses.
7. My personal take: Leopard-spotted bike shorts, a big pinstriped blazer, kitten-heeled slides, and a white T-shirt will do.
This story originally appeared on Preview.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Townandcountry.ph editors.