How do you look timeless as opposed to being stuck in time? Tod’s new book Timeless Icons gives us plenty of wonderful ideas.
1. An undone trench over a casual denim outfit is always a good idea for autumn and winter photos.
2. The lower frame of your shades must go past your eye bags. A smaller size looks bound to the least stylish part of the '90s.
Brad Pitt and Steve McQueen
3. If you must wear a down jacket, make sure to offset the heavy sportswear vibe with something elegant like a skinny-tie-suit combo for men and a vest top for women.
4. Take a cue from the most timeless woman of all, Audrey Hepburn. Keep track of your hands and feet when posing for photos. Make sure no toe or finger is curled in a weird way. Nothing like a funny detail to ruin the elegance of a shot.
5. Pair a leather jacket with a more traditional piece like a white collared shirt. This is best shot in black and white.
6. When traveling, have a photo with you just faintly smiling. This makes everything look like an accident: The camera just whirred past and you just happened to look good.
7. After a curling iron session, loosen the waves to make it look like you never even tried.
8. A statement headpiece is best worn with something simple. It is already the focal point of your outfit, if not the shot.
9. Black is the color of bold elegance. But for the more expressive personalities, the addition of youthful accessories such as gloves and a loosely tied bandana scarf makes all the difference.
10. On the other hand, white is the choice for stylish understatement. Take it from Zhang Ziyi, loose and white are two adjectives that make for an effortless and timeless look.