10 Style Lessons Every Woman Can Learn From C.Z. Guest
The grand dame and epitome of WASP style, C.Z.
Guest's look and lifestyle defined the term "good taste".
Here's how to bring some of C.Z.'s style into your everyday life.
1. Dress up a white tee shirt with a red lip, Palm Beach tan, and satin bow in your hair.
A Grecian temple-like pool (and a Florida estate, C.Z.'s was called Villa Artemis) will only enhance your elegance.
2. Glam it up in winter months.
With gorgeous fur (C.Z.'s was by Revillon Frères) and a stunning ruby lip.
3. Keep your hair neat and well-coiffed.
C.Z,'s champagne-colored locks looked effortlessly perfect at all times.
No messy buns here.
4. An elegant alternative to the black tie gown, a simple black sweater with a big ball gown skirt.
The juxtaposition of slim-fitting and volume is flattering on all ages and body types.
5. The perfect posh outfit accessory is your pet poodle.
C.Z. loved all animals, especially dogs.
6. Top off your evening attire with a pair of white gloves and a three-strand pearl necklace.
Make this your trademark.
7. Peacock your jewels with a v-shaped neckline.
A jaw-dropping jeweled belt won't hurt either.
8. Pastels look magical poolside.
They just do.
Dress up in mint green and pale pink for lunch by the water.
9. For an evening hair look, try a half-up braided bun.
Neatly flip out the bottom of your hair for a sophisticated transformation.
10. Dress gracefully for your age.
C.Z. wore this stunning gold and white long-sleeved evening gown at the Met Gala in 2003.
She always looked age appropriate, something our modern society seems to have a little trouble understanding.
This story originally appeared on Townandcountrymag.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Townandcountry.ph editors.