10 Style Lessons Every Man Can Learn From Cary Grant
1. You can wear an ascot even if your name isn't Chuck Bass.
2. If you're going to pose perched atop a hotel roof in Paris, you should do so in a sensible gray flannel suit.
3. Your closet is not complete without at least two (or five, or ten…) striped crew neck sweaters.
4. When you find the time to lounge, break out your striped pajama set and patterned bathrobe. A small white dog is an optional accessory.
5. It's absolutely acceptable to sport a tennis sweater even when you're not on the court.
6. It's never too late to invest in a camel hair topcoat.
7. When it's time to dress for your next gala, remember that nothing beats a black tuxedo accented by a white pocket square. And never be stingy when it comes to choosing a pair of cufflinks.
8. You should splurge on a good umbrella, and use it to protect yourself from the rain between store awnings.
9. It's quite alright to layer a turtleneck with a sports coat.
10. When in doubt, couple a cashmere v-neck sweater with tweed pants.
This story originally appeared on Townandcountrymag.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Townandcountry.ph editors.