2. "Love the giver more than the gift." –Brigham Young
3. "I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph." –Shirley Temple
4. "Christmas is not a date. It is a state of mind." –Mary Ellen Chase
5. "I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." –Charles Dickens
6. "Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas." –Calvin Coolidge
7. "My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?" –Bob Hope
8. "Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won't make it 'white.'" –Bing Crosby
This story originally appeared on Townandcountrymag.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Townandcountry.ph editors.