Oxford Named Best University in the World
In fact, for the first time ever, the top two spots on the list are occupied by British schools, with the University of Cambridge coming in at number two in the rankings.
"To be judged the best university in the world for the second successive year, against a backdrop in which Britain’s role in the world is uncertain and the place of universities in society open to question, will be a great source of pride for everyone at Oxford, and, I hope, for the whole country," Louise Richardson, Oxford’s vice-chancellor, said.
“Success in our field is never an accident,” she told the Times Higher Education, adding that it is “achieved by a relentless pursuit of excellence, creative brilliance and a deep commitment to our enduring values”.
See the top 20 schools below:
1. University of Oxford
2. University of Cambridge
3. (tie) California Institute of Technology
3. (tie) Stanford University
5. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
6. Harvard University
7. Princeton University
8. Imperial College London
9. University of Chicago
10. (tie) ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich
10. (tie) University of Pennsylvania
12. Yale University
13. Johns Hopkins University
14. Columbia University
15. University of California, Los Angeles
16. University College London
17. Duke University
18. University of California, Berkeley
19. Cornell University
20. Northwestern University
For the full list, head over to timeshighereducation.com.
This story originally appeared on Townandcountrymag.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Townandcountry.ph editors.