The Best College in America Is Not in the Ivy League
Students beginning their semester at MIT have reason to celebrate—the Massachusetts university was just named the number one school in the country.
Educational institution data company Niche, which this week released its latest ranking of the best colleges across the country, says its numbers are "based on rigorous analysis of academic, admissions, financial, and student life data from the U.S. Department of Education along with millions of reviews from students and alumni."
The ranking compared more than 1,000 top colleges and universities in the United States. Here are the top 10:
1. MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS
2. STANFORD UNIVERSITY, PALO ALTO, CALIFORNIA
3. HARVARD UNIVERSITY, CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS
4. YALE UNIVERSITY, NEW HAVEN, CONNECTICUT
5. PRINCETON UNIVERSITY, PRINCETON, NEW JERSEY
6. UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA, PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA
7. COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, NEW YORK, NEW YORK
8. DUKE UNIVERSITY, DURHAM, NORTH CAROLINA
9. BROWN UNIVERSITY, PROVIDENCE, RHODE ISLAND
10. CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, PASADENA, CALIFORNIA
To see the full list, check out Niche.com.
This story originally appeared on Townandcountrymag.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Townandcountry.ph editors.