Meghan Markle Just Confirmed Her First Foreign Tour as a Royal
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are heading down under! During today's UK team trials for the Invictus Games, Markle confirmed that she will be in attendance at the 2018 Invictus Games, which are taking place this October in Sydney, Australia.
Markle shared the news with Michael Mellon, who competed at the 2017 Games in Toronto in both sitting volleyball and wheelchair basketball. "She told me she had never been to Australia but was going to this year’s event and really looking forward to being there with Harry," he said, per reporter Omid Scobie.
Meghan confirmed she'll be at @InvictusSydney, telling Michael Mellon (who competed in sitting volleyball and wheelchair basketball last year): "She told me she had never been to Australia but was going to this year’s event and really looking forward to being there with Harry."— Omid Scobie (@scobie) April 6, 2018
While it's likely that Harry and Meghan will make another international trip together before October, this is the first one that has been officially confirmed. And it doesn't come as a surprise that Markle will be attending the Sydney Games with Prince Harry.
The international competition for wounded servicemen and women, which Harry helped launch in 2013, is clearly close to both of their hearts. In addition to today's events, Markle attended the 2017 Games in Toronto, an appearance which marked the first time she accompanied Prince Harry on an official royal event.
This story originally appeared on Townandcountrymag.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Townandcountry.ph editors.