These Are the Best Boarding Schools in the United States, According to a New Ranking
Phillips Academy, in Andover, Massachusetts, beat out more than 3,000 other schools to be ranked the best private high school in America for the third consecutive year.
In order to rank the top private secondary schools across the country, Niche, a company that specializes in data on educational institutions, crunched the numbers from 3,497 private high schools nationwide across multiple categories: composite SAT/ACT scores, college data, student-teacher ratio, and surveys from parents and students.
Here are the top ten schools on the list:
1. Phillips Academy, Andover, Massachusetts (above)
2. Phillips Exeter Academy, Exeter, New Hampshire
3. St. Paul's School, Concord, New Hampshire
4. The Lawrenceville School, Lawrenceville, New Jersey
5. Choate Rosemary Hall, Wallingford, Connecticut
6. Lakeside School, Seattle, Washington
7. Deerfield Academy, Deerfield, Massachusetts
8. Harvard-Westlake School, Studio City, California
9. Horace Mann School, Bronx, New York
10. The College Preparatory School, Oakland, California
For the full list, check out niche.com.
This story originally appeared on Townandcountrymag.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Townandcountry.ph editors.