If you want to study the written word, head to Harvard.
Educational institution data company Niche, which recently released its latest ranking of the best colleges across the country, has the university in the top spot on its list of the best colleges for English, followed immediately by Columbia and Stanford. Niche says its numbers are "rigorous analysis of academic, admissions, financial, and student life data from the U.S. Department of Education along with millions of reviews from students and alumni."
Here are the top 10 schools on the list.
1. HARVARD UNIVERSITY, CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS
2. COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, NEW YORK CITY
3. STANFORD UNIVERSITY, STANFORD, CALIFORNIA
4. YALE UNIVERSITY, NEW HAVEN, CONNECTICUT
5. PRINCETON UNIVERSITY, PRINCETON, NEW JERSEY
6. BROWN UNIVERSITY, PROVIDENCE, RHODE ISLAND
7. BOWDOIN COLLEGE, BRUNSWICK, MAINE
8. UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO
9. VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY, NASHVILLE
10. RICE UNIVERSITY, HOUSTON, TEXAS
For the full list, head over to niche.com.
This story originally appeared on Townandcountrymag.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Townandcountry.ph editors.