32 Heartwarming Quotes Dedicated to Moms Everywhere
No one can ever take a mother’s place. As much as we all know this, we sometimes struggle to put our adoration for mom into words. If you're not much of wordsmith, you can express your feelings through special mother's day quotes.
Come Mother’s Day this May, let the experts do the talking and lift from the inspiring words of writers, political figures, and celebrities. Remember, the quotes may be theirs but the rest of the Mother's Day magic is up to you.
Quotes About a Mother’s
1. “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.” –George Eliot
2. “I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” –Mitch Albom
3. “A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it
4. “Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” –Erich Fromm
5. “Men are what their mothers made them.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
Quotes For When You’re Missing Mom
Words for when you're living away from home or you no longer have a mother to come home to.
1. “A mother's arms are more comforting than anyone else's.” –Princess Diana
2. “The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.” –Jodi Picoult
3. “Kids don’t stay with you if you do it right. It’s the one job
4. “Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There's no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.” –Gail Tsukiyama, Dreaming Water
5. “No daughter and mother ever live apart, no matter what the distance between them.” –Christie Watson
Religious Mother’s Day Quotes
If you believe that only a higher power could have designed a mother, then thank the heavens that she's yours.
1. “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” –Abraham Lincoln
2. “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” –Rudyard Kipling
3. “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.” –William Makepeace Thackeray
4. “Motherhood is a million little moments that God weaves together with grace, redemption, laughter, tears, and most of all, love.” –Lysa TerKeurst
5. “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have followed me. They have clung to me my entire life.” –Abraham Lincoln
6. “My mother is a walking miracle.” –Leonardo DiCaprio
Appreciative Quotes For Mother’s Day
Show her that you're grateful for her with these sweet lines.
1. “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” –Maya Angelou
2. “A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories.” –Honore de Balzac
3. “The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become.” –Robert Holden
4. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” –Marcel Proust
5. “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” –Thorton Wilder
Quotes For Your "Second Mother
1. “Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.” –Robert A. Heinlein
2. “Motherhood is a choice you make every day, to put someone else's happiness and well-being ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you're not sure what the right thing is... and to forgive yourself, over and over again, for doing everything wrong." –Donna Ball, At Home on Ladybug Farm
3. “A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” –Dorothy Canfield Fisher
4. “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." –Oprah Winfrey
More Quotes You Can Put on Your Mother’s Day Card
Go beyond "Happy Mother's Day!" with these greetings.
1. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” –Victor Hugo
2. “Mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” –Marion C. Garretty
3. “The best medicine in the world is a mother’s kiss.” –Anonymous
4. “Children are the anchors of a mother's life.” –Sophocles
5. “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” –Barbara Kingsolver
6. “Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love, and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” –Stevie Wonder
7. “It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?” –Mahatma Gandhi