Food is inextricably linked to memories. The joy of making new memories doubles when it comes to the holidays because that’s when we’re all surrounded by loved ones. Similar to a precious heirloom, family recipes are also great gifts that should be shared and passed on. Through the Legacy cookbook, the Assumption College High School batch of ’92 alumnae pass on their kitchen rituals to all of us.
The recipes include a Cirkulo bestseller-inspired paella dish by Malu Gamboa, pesang manok and other recipes by chef Margarita Fores of Cibo, Lusso, and Grace Park, a delicious lamb rending recipe from Abba Napa of the Moment Group, among other great women and great traditions.
Fabada by Vargas Sisters Marina V. Tantoco, Teresa V. Javellana
Filipino Paella by Tricie Pengson Arcenas
Wawa’s Pesang Manok by Margarita Fores
Lobster Newberg by Chat Fores Lozano
Happy Ongpauco Tiu, chef and founder of Pamana, Hawaiian BBQ, Private Dining, as well as other brands under the Happy Concept Group, served as food stylist. She also shares a parmesan-crusted salmon recipe close to her heart, saying “I love entertaining at home. This is one of my go-to dishes when I host a dinner. It’s easy to go, but so delicious. My guests always compliment it!”
1 whole 1 ½ kilo salmon fillet
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup mayonnaise
10 grams garlic powder
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
60 grams panko bread crumbs
20 grams curly parsley, finely chopped
cherry tomatoes and basil for garnish
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Line baking pan with wax paper. Pour oil to set wax paper lining. Place salmon fillet skin down.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Spread mayonnaise on top.
- Sprinkle and spread garlic powder.
- Sprinkle and spread grated parmesan, panko bread crumbs and parsley.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes then broil for a few minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Slide off baked salmon unto a serving platter, garnish with blistered cherry tomatoes and basil.
Apart from delicious recipes that your family will surely hold dearly, proceeds from the Legacy cook book is for the benefit of the Assumption mission schools, which serve underprivileged children around the country.
For orders, call Tiffy at 0917.530.3038 or e-mail [email protected]