Tea and coffee are two of the most widely consumed beverage in the world next to
- Because of its high level of antioxidants, coffee can prevent or reduce the risk of age-related diseases like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer's. Latest studies suggest that coffee is able to do this even when genetic factors come into play.
- Coffee can boost your energy levels, and make you smarter. This is because the caffeine blocks
inhibitoryneurotransmitter called adenosine, making neurons fire up and increase activity.
- Two cups of coffee can relieve muscle pain by up to 48 percent, according to the Journal of Pain.
- Coffee reduces the risk
forliver cancer, as a study conducted by USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center found. People who drink one to three cups a day have a 29 percent reduced risk of developing hepatocellular carcinoma, the most common type.
- Coffee helps you burn fat. Some studies show that caffeine increases metabolic rate by three to 11 percent.
- It makes you feel happy and reduces the risk of depression. Women who drink four more cups per day have a 20 percent lower risk of becoming depressed, according to a Harvard study published in 2011.
- Tea is high in oxygen radical absorbance capacity (what we commonly know as antioxidants), fighting a boatload of cancers including breast, colon, colorectal, skin,
long, liver, ovarian, and oral cancers.
- Tea is hydrating to the body.
- Tea can boost exercise endurance via the antioxidants’ ability to tell the body to burn fat as fuel.
- Drinking tea can also prevent and treat neurological and degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s, and help maintain the parts of the brain connected to learning, concentration, and memory.
- Matcha, powdered green tea, has antioxidant levels up to 14 times that of wild blueberries, one of the best sources for it. This means it can help lower cholesterol, prevent cancers and type 2 diabetes.
- Tea can also improve energy levels while providing a sense of calmness, and overall health.
Of course, not all coffee and tea drinks are made equal. It should be noted that the benefits of coffee and tea can be optimized if the consumption is moderate, about three to five cups a day. Since both contain caffeine and may cause jitters, anxiety, and hypertension, it’s best to go on a caffeine detox and reset your body to reap the many health values they have to offer.