The 10 Bars You Should See Before You Die
The best bar in the world is no longer in New York City.
After spending a year in second place, the Savoy Hotel's American Bar claimed the top spot in this year' World's Best 50 Bar Awards Thursday evening.
"We really didn't see that coming," senior bartender Dominic Whisson told CNN. "It's a victory for all of us, for all the late nights, early mornings, and long days."
The classic drinking haunt, which opened in 1893, was hardly the only London bar on the list. Dandelyan, at the Mondrian, ranked second; the Connaught ranked third; Bar Termini came in ninth.
Last year's winner The Dead Rabbit in Manhattan slipped down the rankings a bit to the number 5 spot, with other NYC hot spots, The NoMad at the NoMad Hotel and Attaboy on the Lower East Side, coming in at numbers three and eight respectively.
The top ten was rounded out by destinations in Greece, Singapore, and Shanghai.
See the top 10 list below:
1. American Bar, the Savoy Hotel, London
2. Dandelyan, Mondrian, London
3. The NoMad, NoMad Hotel, New York
4. Connaught Bar, The Connaught, London
5. The Dead Rabbit Grocery and Grog, New York
6. The Clumsies, Athens, Greece
7. Manhattan, Singapore
8. Attaboy, New York
9. Bar Termini, London
10. Speak Low, Shanghai, China
This story originally appeared on Townandcountrymag.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Townandcountry.ph editors.