IKEA Philippines Will Be the Largest IKEA in the World
As the IKEA Philippines website launches today, more details are being made known about the Scandi-style store’s setup in the country.
Here are a few more tidbits that we have gleaned about the much-awaited home furnishing shopping destination, which plans to open in the last quarter of 2020.
1. It will be the largest IKEA store in the world—the planned space at the Mall of Asia complex will be 65,000 square meters. The two-level shopping area will be the same size as other IKEA stores, but the overall size is bigger due to added facilities such as the store’s warehouse, e-commerce facility,
2. There will be an inventory of about 9,000 items, all bearing the IKEA brand philosophy of creativity, functionality, and sustainability.
3. They will offer e-commerce delivery to the Greater Manila Area. This is where the website, which launches today, comes in.
4. It will also be the largest tenant in the MOA complex, and there will be walkways connecting it to the main mall.
5. There are now 422 IKEA stores operating in 50 countries, and there have been 2.5 billion website visits and 957 million physical store visits worldwide from September 2017 to August 2018.
We hope they sell the Jon Snow IKEA cape.
This story originally appeared on Esquiremag.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Townandcountry.ph editors.