2. "Love the giver more than the gift." – Brigham Young
3. "I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph." – Shirley Temple
4. "Christmas is not a date. It is a state of mind." – Mary Ellen Chase
5. "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." – Charles Dickens
6. "Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas." – Calvin Coolidge
7. "My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?" – Bob Hope
8. "Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won't make it 'white.'" – Bing Crosby
This story originally appeared on Townandcountrymag.com.
* Minor edits have been made by the Townandcountry.ph editors.